Iuliana Leon is a Managing Associate with the firm’s PPP/ Concessions & Public Procurement practice group and has extensive expertise in the legal structuring of public-private partnerships contracts and in the project finance field, in terms of implementing the public procurement procedures for the award of such contracts; drafting public procurement agreements; assisting clients in preparing the tender documentation or the tender; assistance in relation to the negotiation of the public procurement agreements; providing support for the implementation of the transaction structure; providing assistance with regard to the specific regulations on public procurement, concessions and public-private partnership in various sectors of infrastructure: highways, roads, airports, underground parking, bridges, public-sector utilities.
Iuliana provided legal assistance for both public and private partners carrying out public-private partnerships awarding procedures. In recent years, Iuliana has been also involved in high-profile military equipment procurement projects and provided legal assistance to the firm’s clients in almost all public procurement assignments entrusted to the practice group.
Iuliana has extensive experience in regulatory matters in the field of EU public procurement directives and case-law. Iuliana was member of the team of legal experts assigned by the European Investment Bank to assist the Ministry of European Funds in transposing into the national law the provisions of Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on public procurement and repealing Directive 2004/18/EC.
She is fluent in English.
- Part of the team assigned by an European investment bank to assist the Ministry of European Funds, the national coordinator of the working group appointed by decision of the Prime Minister, in transposing into the national law the provisions of Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on public procurement and repealing Directive 2004/18/EC.
- Acted for an international consortium in connection with the establishment of a centralised purchasing body to act at central level in Romania.
- Assisted a national agency in the field of public procurement in reviewing and providing comments on the envisaged amendments to the public procurement legislation proposed by the National Agency for Public Procurement, for the benefit of the European Investment Bank.
- Advised an international oil and gas company, active in over 40 countries, on the legal structuring of the tender and participation to the procedure that the National Company for Administration of Road Infrastructure carried out for the award of the service concession for equipping and maintaining the services spaces located on the Romanian motorways open to road traffic, on the routes of Nădlac-Sibiu and Pitești-Bucharest (A1) and Cernavodă-Constanța (A2).
- Advised a Romanian Project Integrator and EPC Contractor for complex projects in energy field, member of the consortium acting as general contractor, on the implementation of a contract for the turnkey construction of a thermal power plant in Iernut, concluded with Romgaz S.A.
- Advised an Italian multinational major construction company which is active in the fields of civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, electromechanical engineering and transportation, in connection with the preparation and evaluation of the tender documents submitted within the public procurement procedure with respect to the design and execution works of A1 Sibiu - Piteşti Motorway: Lot 5 Pitesti - Curtea de Arges.
- Advised a major Romanian municipality on a European Bank for Reconstruction and Development-funded project regarding the legal structuring of the project and carrying out the award procedure for Buzău Municipality’s delegation of management of the public and private domain for the rehabilitation and maintenance of urban roads through the award of a long-term performance-based “Design, build, finance and operate” contract.
- Prima ediție a celui mai mare summit internațional dedicat PPP a avut loc la București
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații advises ENGIE Romania on purchasing a photovoltaic park with an installed capacity of 9.3 MW
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații advises on the implementation of the ELI-NP project in Romania, a landmark European research project totalling investments in excess of 850 million Euros