Robert Roșu, Partner, heads the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration practice. A lawyer with substantial legal expertise, he is regarded as one of Romania’s most experienced and successful litigation lawyers, having argued and briefed in hundreds of cases up to the Supreme Court of Romania.
His practice covers a broad range of litigation matters in the following areas: commercial litigation, usually involving company law and shareholder disputes, administrative, competition, employment, intellectual property, taxation as well as enforcement procedures and criminal litigation.
In addition, he is a resourceful litigator who has briefed and argued a number of complex and high-profile cases at the International Court of Arbitration, having acted on behalf of the Romanian government and various foreign investors Further to his practice in litigation and arbitration, he has been involved in several important state-owned enterprise privatisations as well as acquisition transactions in the private and public sectors.
- Coordinator of the team of lawyers selected by a renowned Italian construction company for legal assistance and representation in a series of complex public procurement litigations having as object the award of several contracts for the design and build of sections from the Sibiu-Pitești Highway and Express Road Brăila-Galați, worth over EUR 100,000,000.
- Coordinator of the team of lawyers retained by an Austrian construction company for legal assistance and representation in a public procurement litigation concerning the award by CFR of a contract for the execution of installation and building works Section 3: Coșlariu – Simeria: Segment: Vinţu de Jos – Simeria, worth EUR 280,000,000.
- Coordinating the representation of one of the insurers with the largest market share in Romania in insurance field litigation, exceeding EUR 50,000,000.
- Coordinating the representation of the most notorious transport operators on the railway infrastructure in Romania, in hundreds of commercial litigations against the administrator of the railway infrastructure.
- Coordinator of the team of lawyers retained by an important airline company during the different stages of the insolvency proceedings culminating in the successful implementation of a reorganisation plan.
- Țuca Zbârceea & Asociații wins three awards at the Romanian Legal Awards, including the grand trophy "Law Firm of the Year"
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, the best ranked law firm in Romania by The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 edition
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații named best firm in Romania for Dispute Resolution by Euromoney
- EU Court of Justice ruling: The confiscation of sums which were not declared to the customs authorities at the Romanian border is contrary to EU law
- Customs seizures of amounts in excess of EUR 10,000, under CJEU scrutiny
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații – EUR 5 million win for the Property Fund
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații teams up with ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris to organize the first local ICC events to be hosted in Romania
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații to set up its own insolvency unit
- Facing controversy? Protection of intellectual property rights in Romania – still a sensitive issue only few months prior to integration
- Robert Roșu becomes a Partner in charge with the Litigation & Arbitration practice