Andreea Oprișan is a Partner with Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații’s competition group. She combines legal and economic competition law tools in view of supporting clients’ projects and handling the full-range of competition law issues from antitrust and compliance matters to merger control and state aid.
Other areas in which Andreea advises clients on a day-to-day basis include consumer protection, advertising, unfair competition practices, commercial/contract law.
Andreea’s expertise covers a wide area of economic sectors including FMCG, agriculture, automotive, insurance, banking, energy, oil & gas, services, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, healthcare, distribution and logistics, retail, IT&C, media and advertising, etc.
She is fluent in English and conversational level in French and Spanish.
- Co-coordinator of the legal team advising two important players on the financial leasing market in the investigation of the Romanian Competition Council related to sharing of commercially sensitive information through the professional association.
- Co-coordinator of the legal team assisting an electricity distributor holding a monopoly position in one distribution area in Romania in the abuse of dominance case linked to access to its electricity distribution network and the commitments procedure assumed by the client in the investigation, commitments that may also be considered as a good-practice benchmark for the industry
- Co-coordinator of the legal team advising a top retail chain on day-to-day competition matters, including in relation to the merger clearance procedures further to the acquisition of a large supermarkets chain and to the conclusion of two joint venture projects with a real estate developer and operator for the development of a commercial malls
- Co-coordinator of the legal team assisting a major renewable power supplier during the process of individual notification to the European Commission on individual support measures (i.e. green certificates) aimed at incentivising the investments and subsequent operation of renewable electricity power plants
- Member of the legal team advising the national operator in the field of postal services on state aid topics in connection with its proposed privatisation procedures, including performing assessments based on Services of General Economic Interest (SGEI) legal framework and the private creditor test.