Gabriela Anton is a Partner at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, specialising in banking and finance, and mergers and acquisitions in the banking sector. Her other areas of practice are corporate and commercial law.
Gabriela has a deep knowledge of the finance market in Romania, and advises major credit institutions, investment funds, and other international financial institutions, as well as borrowers, on a wide range of transactions, such as project finance and corporate finance in various industries. She has also been involved in mergers and acquisitions, privatisations, restructuring projects and the transfer of banking assets, including non-performing loan portfolios.
Gabriela’s expertise includes regulatory advice to banks and other institutions, as well as to new players such as fin-tech providers and e-commerce platforms on payment services and e-money regulations for the implementation of innovative financial products.
Gabriela writes and presents regularly on financial services issues and is publisher of various handbooks on fin-tech and financial services.
Gabriela is fluent in English and has a very good command of French language.
- Acting as lead counsel to a Romanian commercial bank as lender in connection with the acquisition financing of Dentstore and its subsidiaries, by Abris Capital Partners.
- Acting as lead counsel to a top company in oil seed processing market on the in connection with a securitisation programme financed by ING Commercial Finance Belux N.V.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by an Italian construction company in relation to the issuance of up to EUR 190,000,000 Super-senior Secured PIYC Floating Rate Notes.
- Coordinator of the legal team retained by a group of international investors on the largest single entity portfolio sold in a CEE country worth EUR 1.2 billion.
- Coordinator of the legal team advising on the largest portfolio transfer in Romania involving two financial entities and a non-banking financial institution regarding a retail business accounting for around EUR 315,000,000 in assets and EUR 230,000,000 in liabilities, as well as assisting on taking over the corporate business of a bank, comprising a total portfolio of aggregate assets of around EUR 260,000,000 and corporate deposits of EUR 315,000,000.