Dan Cristea is a Partner in the litigation and arbitration practice group at Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații.
He concentrates his practice as a pleading lawyer on contentious-administrative and public procurement subjects, whilst also enjoying a wealth of experience in commercial matters.
In administrative matters, he has been involved in a large number of trials regarding acts issued by public authorities in such areas as energy, tax, financial supervision, urban planning or environmental law, both in front of national courts and in front of the European Court of Justice. In public procurement, Dan Cristea has spoken in dozens of high-value trials regarding award of tender contracts exceeding tens of millions of Euros and has struck down provisions of the national Public Procurement law in front of the Constitutional Court.
In the commercial area, his focus includes both corporate disputes (annulment of GMS decisions, company withdrawals, shareholder litigation) as well as contractual disagreements.
He is also passionate about his sporting law practice, which has received the Romanian Society for Legal Sciences distinction regarding remarkable contributions in Sports Law (2018) and Benchmark Litigation’s 2021 “Impact Case Award”.
Dan Cristea is a past World Champion in debating (ESL, Cork, 2009) and a Forbes Romania '30 under 30'.
- Member and lead counsel of the legal team having successfully represented a president of Romania in high-profile defamation disputes in front of national courts.
- Coordinator of the legal team assisting and representing an international joint venture in public procurement disputes regarding award of supply contracts of rolling stock for regional and inter-regional transport totalling over 1.65 billion EUR.
- Coordinator of the legal defence team retained by a Romanian sporting federation in front of claims of damages exceeding EUR 300,000,000, irrevocably dismissed after an 8-year interval.
- Coordinator of legal team assisting a renowned German group in wastewater infrastructure in public procurement disputes regarding award of works contracts totalling over EUR 60,000,000.
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații obtains a landmark High Court of Cassation and Justice ruling for an optics company
- The Bucharest Court of Appeal definitively rejected the damages claims of Football Club U Craiova S.A. amounting to 300 million Euros
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații wins for its client a set-aside of a final judgment on public procurement for breach of EU law primacy
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații Obtains Irrevocable Ruling in High-Profile Public Procurement Dispute with a Public Water Supply and Sewerage Company
- Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații Obtains Favourable Ruling in High-Profile Public Procurement Dispute with a Local Municipality
- Double win for Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații at the Benchmark Litigation Europe Awards 2021